Everyone wants to pick the perfect song to play for the first dance on their wedding day! Finding one that you agree on as a couple isn’t always so easy though.
You want a song that you will listen to in years to come and it will remind you of that special moment. Some couples will already have a song that means something to them, that is personal to them. Others may struggle if they don’t enjoy the same style of music or both have a song each that they would love to use.
Traditionally a slow romantic song would be played and the couple would be surrounded by family and friends taking photos.
Now couples may take lessons to create a dance routine for their first dance, or surprise their guests with a dance routine involving the wedding party! Wedding Roles (prettyweddingday.com)
If you’ve booked a live band or a DJ for the evening, ask them if they have any ideas! Also, let them know in advance so they’ll definitely have your song choice, or a band may learn it for you.
Finally, don’t pick a type of song that you think you should have! If you love rock or dance music, then go with it! Don’t be worried, It’s your wedding and everyone will love it anyway.
Here we have 25 amazing first dance songs to pick from!
1. If I Ain’t Got You – Alicia Keys
2. Perfect – Ed Sheeran
3. You Are So Beautiful – Joe Cocker
4. The Way You Look Tonight – Rod Stewart
5. Thinking Out Loud – Ed Sheeran
6. How Long Will I Love You – Ellie Goulding
7. Always Remember Us This Way – Lady Gaga
8. Make You Feel My Love – Adele
9. All Of Me – John Legend
10. A Thousand Years – Christina Perri
11. More Than Words – Extreme
12. I Don’t Want To Miss A Thing – Aerosmith
13. Chasing Cars – Snow Patrol
14. One Day Like This – Elbow
15. Truly Madly Deeply – Savage Garden
16. At Last – Etta James
17. Better Together – Jack Johnson
18. I’m Yours – Jason Mraz
19. Little Things – One Direction
20. Stand By Me – Ben E. King
21 Let’s Stay Together – Al Green
22. I Can’t Help Falling In Love With You – UB40
23. Marry You – Bruno Mars
24. By Your Side – Sade
25. Your Song – Elton John / Ellie Goulding
Take a look at our Wedding Checklist and see what you can plan next for the big day!